This gateway to Kansai region, popularly known as Osaka Airport is located on an artificial island in Osaka Bay, which is off Sennan's shore in Osaka . While Osaka International Airport located in Itami and Toyonaka, was confined by the localities, the New Tokyo International Airport was built in Chiba prefecture. As a result, an offshore airport on Osaka Bay, was conceived. In 1987, construction of Osaka Kansai International Airport began and in 1991, the work for the terminal started.
- Finnair (Helsinki)
- Malaysia Airlines (Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur)
- Shanghai Airlines (Shanghai-Pudong)
- Air France (Paris-Charles de Gaulle)
- Air Canada (Vancouver)
- Turkish Airlines (Istanbul-Atatürk)
- Korean Air (Busan, Jeju, Seoul-Incheon)
- Asiana Airlines (Busan, Jeju, Seoul-Incheon)
- Northwest Airlines (Detroit, Guam, Honolulu, Taipei-Taiwan Taoyuan)
- China Southern Airlines (Dalian, Guangzhou, Shanghai-Pudong, Shenyang)
- Continental Airlines
- Qatar Airways (Doha)
- United Airlines (Chicago-O'Hare, Honolulu, San Francisco)
- Air India (Delhi, Mumbai, Hong Kong)
- Thai Airways International (Bangkok, Manila, Phuket)
Features of Osaka Kansai International Airport
- Japan Transocean Air (Ishigaki, Okinawa)
- All Nippon Airways (Matsuyama, Miyakojima, Tokyo-Haneda)
- Japan Airlines (Akita, Aomori, Asahikawa, Fukuoka, Fukushima, Hakodate, Kushiro, Memambetsu, Obihiro, Okinawa, Sapporo Chitose, Tokyo-Haneda)
- All Nippon Airways (Fukuoka, Goto Fukue, Hakodate, Ishigaki, Kagoshima, Memanbetsu, Miyazaki, Okinawa, Sapporo Chitose, Tokyo-Haneda, Wakkanai)
How to Reach Osaka Kansai International Airport
- The second runway is sceduled to function from August 2 in 2007
- Hydrofoils plying between Kansai Airport and Awaji Island.
- The present terminal is considered to be the longest airport terminal in the world.
- It is four-storied and was designed by Renzo Piano
- The roof of the terminal is built like an airfoil so that air can circulate easily through the structure
- You can reach Osaka Kansai International Airport by West Japan Railway (JR-West) and Nankai Electric Railway along Sky Gate Bridge R from Rinku Town and the mainland
- You can avail of "Airport Limousines" of Kansai Airport Transportation Enterprise and other bus services from Wakayama, Osaka Station, Sannomiya Station, Universal Studios in Japan, Itami Airport, Nara and Kyoto to the airport.